Indian Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) sector has emerged as a highly vibrant and dynamic sector of the Indian economy over the last five decades. These enterprises play a catalyst role in the development of industrial and commercial activities.
Many successful managers and businessmen do not have any formal training in finance. Applying concepts of financial management is key to making right decisions and ensuring maximum returns. If you need a basic understanding of financial statements, product costing and working capital management, this is the course for you.
This course will help you to answer the following questions – How healthy is this business? What does the balance sheet tell me? How much is the company worth? Is this project really profitable? What do those annual reports mean? For how much should I sell the product? What are the costs involved? How do I manage my day-to day running of the business?
Who should attend?
Anyone working in SME sector. No prior knowledge or background in finance/accounting required, since the program would start from the basics of finance.
On completion of this course, the participants would be able to:
- Read the financial statements – Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Do Product Costing and know BEP Analysis
- Understand the meaning and importance of Working Capital
- Understand Budgeting and different types of budgets
An Overview of Finance
- Forms of Business Organizations
- Primary and secondary market
How to Read the Balance Sheet
- Share Capital
- Capital and Debt
- Reserves and Their Uses
- Fixed Assets – Their Composition and Definition
- Schedules to Balance Sheet
- Creditors and Debtors
- Deferred tax liabilities
How to Read Income Statement
- Gross and Net Revenue
- Operating and Other Income
- Cost of Goods Sold
- Gross Profit
- Profit Before Tax and Profit After Tax
- Extra-ordinary and exceptional items
Cost Accounting and Budgeting
- Break-Even Point and Break-Even Chart
- Cost Reduction and Cost Control Techniques
- Product Costing
- Budgeting and different types of budgets
- Managing Working Capital
- Gross and Net Working Capital
- Operating Cycle
Course Duration: 16 hours
Date : 18th and 19th May 2017
Time : 9.30 am to 6.30 pm
Venue : MITSOT Pune
Fees : Rs 2000/- Per Participant as training charges
Faculty: Dr. Rashmi Paranjpye, MBA, Ph. D (Finance from Pune University) Industry Experience: 17 years, Academic Experience: 10 years
On successful completion of the course, participation certificate will be given.
For details / registrations: Contact Prof. Sangeeta Dokey at email@example.com, 9130079873 (during 11am. to 6:00 p.m.)