MIT School of Telecom & Management Studies (MITSOT) is a part of MIT group of Institutions, Pune. MITSOT is committed towards creating the finest Telecom and Management Professionals. It focuses on grooming outstanding business leaders and creative Entrepreneurs capable of excelling in this vibrant and dynamic world. MIT family consists of 18000+ students.
It gives me immense pleasure to inform you that we are organizing “FINASTRA 2.0: Finance Meet” that is scheduled on 9th & 10th December 2016. The schedule of the event is here by attached.
MITSOT, one of the premier B-Schools in Maharashtra, which is a constituent of the 33 years old MIT Group of Institutions is organizing the 2nd edition of one of its flagship initiatives i.e. CFO Meet on Saturday, 10th December 2016 from 1030 hrs to 1300 hrs. This Meet will be held at the Sant Dnyaneshwar Hall, MIT Campus at Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune.
The theme for the CFO Meet is “Roadmap for India’s Strong Economic Growth – The CFO Perspective”.
The audience will comprise our 100+ MBA students who are specializing in Finance as well as other related streams. The objective of this Meet is to give them an opportunity to benefit from the expertise of leading senior financial professionals from Industry and interact on a variety of issues which will assist them in their future careers. The financial experts at this panel discussion will represent diverse sectors of the Industry such as IT, Telecom, Manufacturing, Automobile, Financial Services etc. This, we are certain, will ensure a good interactive forum and we will get varied perspectives from different important industry sectors.
The focus of discussions will be as follows:
- The recent demonetization initiative of the Government of India and its future impact on our economy, Impact of FII investments in India, Major policy initiatives of the Government related to Infrastructure etc., freeing of market regulations, Interest rates, disinvestment, focus on skill development & education, Make in India etc.
- Moreover, since we will have CFOs as our Experts, discussion will also focus on areas such as Importance of Finance in an organization with relation to managing Growth, Profitability, Cash Flows, Investments, Strategic direction etc.
- What kind of skill sets are needed with respect to the financial side of the business in any organization
- Career Roadmap for MBA Finance students
- Industry Expectations from MBA Finance students and requirement of basic skills such as Reading Balance Sheets, Analytical skills, basic accounting knowledge etc.
- Focus on need for being updated on the events happening in the country and the global arena with related to finance for eg. IFRS, GST, stock markets, digital organizations etc.
- Insights into the personal growth of the panelists, sharing of some anecdotes, past experiences which will demonstrate the “Life of a CFO”
- Any other subject that the panelists feel will assist the students in charting their career path and becoming industry ready
This will be followed by a dedicated Q&A session with the students.