As has been the practice at MITSOT, this year too, a three week foundation programme was organized for the new students of Batch 2017-19. The objective of this programme was manifold viz.:
- Introduce them to the Corporate World i.e. from Campus to Corporate
- Highlight Expectations of the Industry from fresh management students
- Providing them with Industry sector specific insights and their contribution to the Economy
- Overview of Soft Skills such as Etiquette, Presentation Skills, Smart Dressing, Communication etc.
- Preparing them for Placements through Aptitude Tests, Personal Interview etc.
- Orientation to the academics related specialization areas such as Telecom Systems, Marketing, Finance and HR
Some of the sessions focused on :
- Analytical and Rational thinking
- Business Quiz
- Start ups & Enterpreneurship
- Importance of English language enhancement through Cambridge English Language Training course
- Introduction to Digital India
- Developing Positive Attitude NLP
- Life in a Corporate
- Effective Communcation
- Introduction to Business Maths
- Creating the Right First Impression
- Importance of using the right business terminology
- Inspire, Integrate and Innovation – The new mantra
- Learning through Case Studies
- Introduction to the MITSOT Placement Process
And many more….
Each day starting with a one-hour session of Yoga which was conducted by the eminent Yoga Teacher Mr. Ravi Sudame from Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute (RIMYI). MITSOT believes that Yoga enhances our physical and mental capacity, and prepares the mind and body for long term health. It also helps us immensely to improve our strength and flexibility, and also aids in harmonizing our inner self with the world and bringing forth peace.
The entire day was later divided into different sessions of 90 mins. each featuring senior Industry Leaders as well as Corporate Trainers. These trainers have rich experience of over 20+ years working with Industry as leading B-schools & related Institutes across the country.
One of the highlights of the Foundation programme was an Interaction with Dr. Nitin Pangarkar, Academic Director, MBA and NUS-HEC Paris MBA Programs, National University of Singapore. Dr. Pangarkar shared his vast expertise and experience in working with MBA students across multiple countries and cultures and also using the Case Study very succinctly explained many relevant management concepts. This interaction was a great learning experience for the students and there was a separate session for the faculty as well.
The students had the benefit of an Interaction with Mr. Bimal Dayal, CEO, Indus Towers Ltd. This session was a fantastic learning experience for the Students and faculty alike. He sharing his vast experience and his life journey which proved to be a great motivation for all. His inputs on the current industry scenario and the telecom sector in particular were an eye-opener. This analysis could only have come from an Industry veteran like him. He also spoke on Indus Towers’ values ‘EXCITE” which focus on Excellence, Customer, Integrity, Teamwork and Environment. He also appreciated the fact that MIT Group of Universities too believes in imparting value based education to their students and Indus Towers too believes in these values.
Many outbound team and trust building activities and games were also conducted by MITSOT faculty as well as visiting trainers which acted as an ice-breaker for students. These activities helped the students to get to know each other as they have come from different states such as Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, Punjab, Chhatisgarh, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh and of course different parts of Maharashtra.
A full day Certificate Workshop on Cyber Security was conducted the team from Skill Factory which introduced the students to the importance of Cyber fraud, Risk, Digital Security etc. The students participated whole-heartedly in this Workshop and posed a lot of questions as they could related to this issue since almost all of them are very active on social media and use digital payments.
The programme culminated in a full day visit to the MIT-ADT University Campus (Art, Design & Technology) situated at Loni on Solapur Road. Three buses ferried the students to the campus and the one-hour long was filled with songs, Antakshari and fun & frolic. The students got an unique opportunity to visit the Raj Kapoor memorial which was a museum with life-size statues depicting the journey of the legendary showman Raj Kapoor and the yester-year Indian film industry stalwarts. Next on the agenda was games in the lush green playground and students divided themselves into groups and played cricket, football, volleyball, basketball, carom, badminton, table-tennis etc. It was a culmination of a wholesome 3 week programme which was appreciated by all the students.