MIT School of Telecom Management, organized the Two Day (11th & 12th May) Management Development Programme (MDP) on the topic “Business Analytics for the Decision Making” at ICC Tower, MCCIA ,Bajaj Board Room,Pune.The brief outline of the report is as follows.
Objective of the Programme:
Business Analytics is upcoming discipline and it has been observed that the Individuals with analytics skills are in short supply. Further the Employer demand for analytics talent is projected to intensify in coming years as the amount of data continues to grow in the IT and Telecom Industry. On the backdrop of this scenario MITSOT organized the Two Day Management Development Program (MDP) on the topic “Business Analytics” for the professionals from the IT and Telecom sector.
For this programme we were successful in getting the very active support as a knowledge partner from the leading data analytic firm,StatSoft,New Delhi & Deloitte ,India along with MCCIA,Pune chamber.
- Mr.Steven Henchock,Advisory Principal, Risk Information Services,Deloitte & Touche LLP,USA
- Dr. Randhir Mishra, Ex.Faculty,IIM,B’lore & Sr.Consultant
- Mr. Mukhopadhyay, Sr.Statistician,StataSoft India.
This course was primarily aimed at practitioners who want to learn about state-of-the art analytics through statistical approach, and how it can be applied to solve their specific business or research problems. There was overwhelming response for this program from corporate and Management Institutes. As the program was more interactive in nature the number of participants was restricted to only thirty.
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India Pvt.Ltd.,Mumbai
- Cognizant Technology Solutions,Pune
- Idea Cellular Ltd.,Pune
- Persistant Syaytem Ltd.,Pune
- Terragni Consulting (P) Ltd.,Pune
- Forbes Marshall Pvt.Ltd.,Pune
- Creative Components ,Nasik
- Deloitte Haskins & Sells,Pune
Participants from Management Institutes :
- Dept.of Management Sciences, University of Pune
- Symbiosis Center of Information Technology,Pune
- Magarpatta City Institiute of Management,Pune
- Indira Institute of Management,Pune
- Sinhagad Institute of Management,Pune
- Matrix Institute of Management,Pune
- MIT Group of Institutions
Total 32 Participants attended the Programme
The following topics were covered in the programme:
• Data Management & Transformation
• Data/Business Understandings.
• Predictive Analytics & Modeling.
• Churn Analysis.
• Customer Profiling/Segmentation.
• Interactive Graphical Data Analysis.
The teaching methodology for this program was an appropriate mixture of classroom teaching, hands on experiments and Live Case discussions.
Written By : Milind Pande