Every year, International Telecommunication Union (ITU) organizes World Telecommunication and Information Society Day (WTISD) with an objective to help raise awareness of the possibilities that the use of the Internet and other Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) can bring to societies and economies, as well as of ways to bridge the digital divide.
Since its inception in 2007, MIT School of Telecom Management (MITSOT), Pune has been taking forward this vision by celebrating this important initiative and awarding leading ICT players for their outstanding contributions in their respective fields.
ITU’s WTISD theme for 2017 is “Big Data for Big Impact”. Focusing on this theme, MITSOT has organized a half-day Conference on Friday, 21st July 2017 at Sant Dnyaneshwar Hall, MIT Kothrud Campus, Pune from 10 am to 2 pm.
Leading experts in the field of Big Data Analytics will share their expertise and experience vide their address and as panelists at the Panel discussion. This Conference is chaired by Mr. Prashant Pansare, Managing Director, Inteliment Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.
Some of the Experts at the Conference include :
- Prashant Pansare, Managing Director, Inteliment Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.
- Sunil Patil, Former Director, Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)
- Vinay Gupta, Head – Data Analytics & Business Excellence, Suzlon Group
- Bhupesh Gahrotra, Vice President – Technology & Solution Architect, Accenture Services
- Kishor Himane, Director – Global Services, PTC India Ltd.
- Sanjay Patwardhan, Head – BI and Data Analytics COE, Cybage Software
- Prasad Deore, Regional Head, NASSCOM
Post the panel discussion, we will have presentation of MITSOT Telecom Awards. These will be presented to select Organizations to felicitate & commemorate the Excellence that they have achieved in their respective fields (related to Telecom, Information, Community, Technology etc.). The organizations who will receive the awards include :
- REDINGTON INDIA LTD. – “Excellence in Supply Chain Solutions in IT and Digital Life Style Products”
- SAVEX TECHNOLOGIES PVT. LTD. – “Excellence in Information & Communication Technology Distribution Services”
- SIGMA OSS SYSTEMS INDIA PVT. LTD. – “Excellence in Catalog-driven software solutions for communications, media, and high-tech companies”
- SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC INDIA – “Excellence in reducing energy expenses, meeting sustainability goals, improving performance and guaranteeing uptime for telecom players as well as deploying & operating data centers for telecom services while using colocation & cloud services to increase revenue”
- LAVA INTERNATIONAL LTD. (LAVA MOBILES) – “Excellence in Mobile Handset Manufacturing (Make in India)”
- STERLITE TECHNOLOGIES LTD. – “Excellence in Optical Communication Products & Telecom Software”
- SAMSUNG PAY – “Excellence in Mobile Payment Service”
- AMDOCS INDIA – “Excellence in Software & Services to the world’s most successful communications and media companies”
- CIO DIGITAL FOUNDATION – “Excellence in transforming India into digital empowered country by adopting technology and building the skill gap between the talent pool and the industry”
Participants at the Conference will include Industry delegates from different sectors as well as select post graduate management students specializing in Telecom Systems, Finance, Marketing and HR.